Click here for information on how to submit an obituary
The Times charges for obituaries by the word. Death notices are free. Obituaries are posted online and appear in Wednesday and Saturday print editions. For more information, call 336-888-3657.
How to submit an obituary to the Thomasville Times
41 cents per word
$25 for a photograph (this will run in black and white)
Death notices free of charge
The Times publishes free death notices with the following information:
The decedent’s name, age, town, date and day of death, place of death, the date and time of the funeral and visitation and the name of the funeral home handling the service.
THOMASVILLE — John Byron Brown, 89, of Thomasville, died Friday, July 12, 2013, at High Point Regional UNC Health Care.
A memorial service will be held 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 16, at Church Name or Funeral Home.
The family will receive friends at Memorial Funeral Service in Thomasville from noon to 3 p.m. Monday. Memorial Funeral Service is serving the family.
• Any information added to this will make this a paid obituary with a charge for each word.
• All obituaries and death notices will appear on www.tvilletimes.com in our obituary section.
If you are a family member:
• Send the obituary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd like to include a photo, please attach it as a jpg. Head-and-shoulder portrait shots work best.
• Be sure to include your name, address, phone number and method of payment.
• To provide credit or debit card information, please call 336-888-3590.
We require payment before the obituary runs. Deadlines are 2 p.m. Mondays for Tuesday's edition and 2 p.m. Fridays for Saturday's edition.
Our policy requires proof of death such as a death certificate when a family member submits an obituary. You may also provide the name and phone number of the funeral home that handled arrangements and we will call to verify the death.
If you are a funeral home:
Unless you have an established account with us, payment is required before the obituary publishes.
We accept major credit cards. All funeral homes and cremation services should submit obituaries and photos to us by email. We do not accept faxed obituaries.
Send obituaries to email@example.com. You may call 888-3590.
On major holidays and during severe weather, deadlines are subject to change.